Positive Care Solutions is located in Bringelly NSW.
We have several houses being set up to support high complex needs consumers.
We are looking for experienced support workers who will have the opportunity to gain ongoing permanent roles with a great team environment.
Our Vision is that everyone around us is confident in their abilities to have a voice, be heard and validated within their own life.
Our Mission is to continue focusing on person centred attributes, providing safe places for everyone to feel included, valued with support for choices and control.
- The role of a Mental Health Support Worker in Accommodation Services is to provide support to consumers with a psychosocial disability with complex needs who require assistance with everyday daily tasks within the home.
- Be part of a passionate and supportive team. The position focuses on providing accommodation to venerable individuals who have a psychosocial disability and are funded through NDIS.
- To achieve these outcomes of this position, our service will work with a range of External providers, the local area and with relevant health departments.
- The position would require you to work as part of a team and at times autonomously.
- An Exciting opportunity to empower vulnerable individuals achieve positive outcomes in their lives.
- About you
- Passionate about supporting consumers with Mental Health to empower consumers to achieve goals.
- Able to follow NDIS’s code of conduct when supporting PCS consumers
- Is compassionate and demonstrates empathy.
- Can handle complex or challenging situations calmly and rationally.
- Reliable and flexible
Essential Selection Criteria
- Well-developed and effective communication, numerical and interpersonal skills with the capability to engage and develop strong relationships with consumers and others.
- Formal qualifications or higher in the community sector or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years frontline experience in a supported accommodation setting for individuals with mental health
- Demonstrated excellence in working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, families and organizations.
- Ability to prioritise and demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Flexibility with working hours including working with a 24/7 roster.
- Demonstrated understanding in the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) processes.
- Completed NDIS support worker orientation module
- A current first aid certificate
- A current Mental Health First Aid (or willing to obtain)
- Possess a valid NSW Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check.
- Possess a current NSW driver’s license.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Cert 3 or 4 in mental health
- Qualifications in AOD
How to Apply
- When applying, please ensure you include a cover letter, resume and address the key selection criteria as part of your application.
- If you have any questions further about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org